Following its very successful run at the box office, this week sees the debut of Marvel Studio’s Shang–Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings at home, as the film becomes available on all major digital platforms on November 12, along with Disney+, and then on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on November 30.
Fandom has an exclusive first look from one of the bonus features from the home release, with a behind the scenes clip focused on the notable fight training star Simu Liu went through to become Marvel’s martial arts hero, Shang-Chi. Check out the clip above to get a look at Liu’s training and hear what he has to say about the process, along with comments from Awkwafina (“Katy“) and director Destin Daniel Cretton.
Liu laughs that while Shang-Chi “Is the Master of KungFu, I am definitely not that cool,” even as Cretton notes how impressed he was by Liu’s dedication to the training required for the role, remarking, “A lot of that physical intensity of the training that he went through really mirrored the character.”
The full list of Bonus Features available for Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings includes:
- Gag Reel – Take a look at some of the fun mishaps on set with the cast and crew of Shang–Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings.
- Deleted Scenes
- They’re Waiting – Shang–Chi and Katy connect with Xialing over a call.
- Take a Shot – Katy has a moment of resolve during a battle.
- Apology – Years after his sudden absence, Shang–Chi tries to apologize to Xialing.
- I’m Here – Shang–Chi and Katy have a conversation in the alley. Katy reassures Shang–Chi that she will always be his support system.
- Pep Talk – In order to turn the tide, Razor Fist encourages Katy during the middle of a battle.
- Greatness – Trevor and Katy bond over passions in their getaway car.
- Escape Tunnel – The gang slips out through Trevor’s escape tunnel in order to secure a getaway vehicle.
- Two Sons – Xu Wenwu compares Shang–Chi and Razor Fist during a tense dinner.
- Postcard – Shang–Chi and Xu Wenwu reunite as father and son. Shang–Chi makes it clear he disagrees with Xu Wenwu’s philosophy.
- Just Friends – Katy and Xialing get to know each other. Xialing asks Katy some personal questions.
- Do It Yourself – Xu Wenwu returns to his empire after the Iron Gang boss is captured.
- Building a Legacy – Go behind the scenes and explore Shang–Chi’s explosive debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Family Ties – A deep dive into the rich but complicated legacy of Shang–Chi and Xu Wenwu.
- Audio Commentary – View the film with Audio Commentary by Destin Daniel Cretton and Dave Callaham.
Click on the link below to learn more from Destin Daniel Cretton and Shang-Chi’s Meng’er Zhang (“Xialing“) about the approach taken in the film to the fights and to overhauling Marvel villain the Mandarin into the formidable and nuanced Wenwu (Tony Leung).